Comworld CMD-HDX5 HD Upconverting PAL/Secam/NTSC Conveter
Easily use a USA NTSC HDTV with HDMI or DVI inputs anywhere in the world. This converter will take an HDMI input of any kind Pal/NTSC/Secam and convert it to Pal or NTSC HDMI 1080p or the highest your TV can handle. Not only does it convert Pal and Secam TV signals from other countries to NTSC for you TV, but it will also Up-convert these signals to 1080p. It will keep all formats in the Digital HDMI and you will not loose any picture quality. If you signal HDMI input is less then 1080p it will actually upconvert your signal to 1080p or the Highest your tv can handle. The only Limiation of this converter is that it has Only HDMI input and HDMI output, so you can not connect any Analog signals to it.
This unit is needed by the Panasonic DMP-BD30K Region Free Blu Player to play PAL/Secam discs on an NTSC TV.
Read User Reviews
Key Features of the Comworld CMD-HDX5
- Converts PAL/Secam to NTSC and vice-versa
- No audio or video delay! Converts in real time
- UP-converts signals to HDMI 1080p
Upconverts Analog signal to HD quality through a HDMI output. This means you will not only convert your signal from pal/ntsc but you will also enhance it to a higher resolution for a HDTV.
- No audio input or output, and no audio signal sync problems:
It allows audio to go directly into your TV not reproducing it so you will not loose any audio quality what so ever. Many converters such as the Comworld 1500 and others have audio inputs and outputs which will require you to go through the converter with your audio signal. The audio signal does not need a conversion to take place as Pal, Secam, and NTSC Audio are all the Same. The difference between Pal, NTSC. and Secam is only in the video signal. This converter KDV-5000 will allow you to use your Audio cables directly into your tv, and all you need to use the converter for is the Video Signal.
- Outperforms All Comworld converters, Samsung SV5000, Aiwa MX100, Samar USA converters, Tenlab converters, emerson converters, & any other video converter under $1000.
- Use your PAL/Secam equipment in a NTSC country and NTSC equipment in a PAL country
- Very easy to use (simply connect your Video signal from the source (DVD player, VCR, DVD/VCR combo, satellite receiver, etc...) to the converter. Then connect the converter to your TV. The video converter will take the Signal from the your source and convert it to the proper system that your TV or monitor can use. It's that simple.
- There is no need for your TV to have a vertical hold as required by some models of converters.
- Real time conversion with no video or audio lag
- Uses a standard AV or S-Video connection to convert any input signal to HD quality HDMI output.
- Crisp and clear converted picture with no artifact or picture qualty loss.
- Compatible with ALL Mono, Hi-Fi Stereo, Dolby Digital and DTS equipment.
- Includes remote to change input and output.
- Stand-alone and stylish compact design excellent for portable applications.
- System condition memory. Converter remembers settings and returns to same input and output settings when turned back on
- LED Lamp shows current input and output video signal
- No need to hook and unhook multiple components. Auto selection between S-Video and Composite signals. This means you can connect a DVD player and a VCR to the converter at the same time.
- ON / Off Toggle switch
- Detects input automatically between: All Pal, SECAM, and NTSC systems
- Fully digital decoding and encoding
- Ultra fast 64 Megabytes video field memory is the highest available in the market today
- The latest digital upconversion eliminates artifacts in the converted image
- Static resolution: up to 500 lines
- Dynamic resolution: up to 1080i
- 4 Field conversion of NTSC signals
- 8 Field conversion of PAL signals
- Built in automatic gain control (A.G.C) function ensures 1 Vp-p output signal which optimizes the video output signal assuring best image quality
- Digital Line (525 <-> 625 Lines) and 50<->60 field conversions
- Built-in Time Base Correction (T.B.C) for signal synchronization
- Includes Free HDMI cable, Component cables, S-Video and Composite (RCA) Cables
This HDMI PAL/NTSC/Secam converter will convert any HDMI signal and output it at up to 1080p in the format of your choice.
High Definition Multimedia Interface
HDMI is a new standard digital connection between A/V devices, such as a set-top box, DVD player or A/V receiver, and a digital television. HDMI offers exceptional video and audio quality with a single quick-disconnect connector. It supports multi-channel digital audio transmissions and component video color spacing for true rendering of HD video.
We carry a full line of high-performance HDMI cables. See them here...